Autumn Floral


People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.  ~Iris Murdoch, A Fairly Honourable Defeat

You know how you look at celebrities and imagine that they must have no reason to be unhappy as it seems they can have whatever they set their hearts on. This quote reminds me of having had that thought once before. And it's also made me think that I have flowers here. I see them along the way to work everyday, but I never stop to smell them nor appreciate them. And just so there are things I take for granted that would mean a lot to someone without access to them. In the end it's all about gratitude. Being grateful for the things we take for granted. I found happiness a long time ago when I realised that gratitude for everything: the good, the bad and the ugly was the secret to it. Every time I forget to be grateful I become unhappy. And let me tell you, sometimes, it's a tough job being grateful, but when I can be, even in difficult situations I'm usually happier.



Outfit: I have been looking for the perfect pair of floral pants and I've found it. I love that it's got lovely autumnal colors befitting for the turn of seasons. Great for the harmattan dust that'll be in the air soon. I wore it with a really oversize top that I absolutely love. A couple of gold jewelry to accentuate the autumn-y colours and red shoes for a bright outlook.




Bosline pants / Prabal Gurung for Target shoes / Milk Candy Clothing top.



0 comments:

Post a Comment